Breastfeeding is natural but mums no-longer find the skill instinctive
- Knowing all of these benefits can make it even more distressing when breastfeeding isn’t proving as easy as you had hoped.
- Most babies are born able to feed but some have difficulty latching, for example babies with tongue-tie, or after a difficult birth.
- Mums may have sore nipples in the early days when learning, this can usually be overcome by showing you how to position and attach your baby to the breast more comfortably.
- Seek help if breastfeeding is painful or you feel ‘something isn’t right’
- It should be an enjoyable time for you and your baby.